Visit their YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/wilsontooltube
Wilson Media Center http://www.wilsontool.com/UKEnglish/MediaCenter.aspx
SWING EAR SETS FROM WILSON TOOL ALLOW
EASIER PART REMOVAL FOR PRESS BRAKE OPERATIONS
Ideally suited for bending boxes with four sides and return flanges, swing ears are available in most profiles for American, European and WT style punches. With the addition of swing ears, forcing the punch out of the box when making the final bend is no longer necessary, because the ears simply swing out of the way.
Standard swing ear sets are available in 6″ lengths, and non-standard profiles and custom lengths are available as made-to-order options for any punch profile. Each set includes a left and right-hand swing ear section.
The need for swing ears is application-driven and fabricators’ expected results should be reviewed by Wilson Tool prior to ordering to help ensure desired outcomes.
- Max radius – .125″ (standard profile)
- Standard bend length – 150mm (each ear)
- Configured in pairs only – singles can be specially ordered
- Approximately 1.0″ – 1.5″ of relief to rotate and drop the finished part is required
(depending on profile)
- Swing ears for punch profiles will match the standard profile in height, angle and radius
- Single-sided option available for limited profiles
View an animation demonstrating swing ear operations here: